Wind River Platforms
Bare board Platforms
Ada Development Environment for SYSGO ELinOS
GNAT Pro for ELinOS is a robust and flexible Ada development environment targeted to the ELinOS real-time, embedded Linux operating system. It comprises a full Ada compiler, an Integrated Development Environment (GPS, the GNAT Programming Studio), a comprehensive toolset including a visual debugger, and a set of libraries and bindings. GNAT Pro for ELinOS allows development of pure Ada applications as well as Ada components in multi-language systems. It is distributed with complete source code, and is backed by rapid and expert support service.
Based on the GNU GCC technology, GNAT Pro for ELinOS is the natural Ada solution for ELinOS. It fits smoothly into the standard ELinOS toolset, which is also based on GCC, and provides an easy transition path for ELinOS developers seeking a reliable and powerful Ada programming environment.
GNAT Pro customers can now take advantage of the many new features offered by ELinOS, including:
- Support for ELinOS 4.2
- Support for the Xenomai technology, allowing for hard real-time behavior in user-space applications together with seamless access to GNU/Linux services
- Full Ada implementation, including all Specialized Needs Annexes and in particular the strict Ada real-time features (Annex D)
- GPS (GNAT Programming Studio), a powerful, extensible and tailorable Integrated Development Environment
- Visual debugging support, including a remote interface for debugging an embedded target
- Comprehensive toolsuite, including a code standard checker, a program metrics generator, an HTML documentation generator, a pretty printer, a unit testing framework, a heap usage monitor, a unit testing framework, a pretty printer, and a program browser
- Libraries and bindings supplementing the standard Ada API, including packages for services such as operating system interfaces, text manipulation and pattern matching, data structures and algorithms, and I /O operations
- Detailed documentation, including the GNAT Pro User’s Guides for native and cross platforms, and the GNAT Pro Reference Manual
Programming in the large
GNAT Pro can be used for systems comprising many thousands of modules, and millions of lines of code. Its robust system architecture scales based on program size and does not degrade abruptly when a fixed capacity is reached. Its Project Manager facility offers users a flexible framework for organizing large, multi-person development efforts.
Thanks to the open standards used by GCC, GNAT Pro eases the job of developing applications comprising Ada and other languages such as C, Fortran, and C++. The Ada interfacing facilities are fully implemented, including capabilities that inspired several features included in the Ada 2012 standard.
Excellent code quality
Efficient object code is achieved through a combination of Ada-specific and GCC back end optimizations; a supplemental tool reduces code size by removing unused subprograms from an executable. The run-time libraries have been tuned to provide high performance, with a special focus on exception handling and tasking..
Ease of transitioning from other Ada compiler systems
GNAT Pro implements several attributes and pragmas that ease the porting of existing Ada 83 or Ada 95 code bases to GNAT, and the Project Manager facility allows you to adopt the same file naming conventions and directory structure as were used in the previous system.
Open source technology
Full source code is provided for all GNAT Pro components. Developers can see how the run-time libraries implement dynamic Ada features in the context of the ELinOS kernel.