5 Day Course
This course provides a full introduction to programming in Ada. It explains Ada’s classic programming features, emphasizing how to construct modular, portable, and reliable systems. It is up to date with the most recent version of the language standard, Ada 2012, but the specific features that are covered may be tailored based on customer requirements.
Programmers interested in learning the fundamentals of Ada software development.
The core content of the course includes the following topics:
- Fundamental data types: integer (including modular) types, enumeration types, real types, record and array types
- Basic algorithmic features (expressions, statements, subprograms)
- Exceptions and exception handling
- Modular program construction using packages, private types, limited types, and child library units
- Access types (overview or in-depth coverage)
- Generic units (overview or in-depth coverage)
Depending on customer requirements, an overview of one of the following subjects may also be included:
- Object-oriented programming
- Low-level programming
- Concurrent programming
The course includes hands-on lab sessions using the latest GNAT Pro development environment.